AJC (ASEAN-Japan Centre)
ASEAN-Japan Centre was established on 15th May 1981 in Tokyo, Japan. Myanmar became a member of the ASEAN-Japan Centre (AJC) which is also called ASEAN Promotion Centre on Trade, Investment and Tourism-APC in 2006.
Member Countries of the ASEAN contribute their AJC membership fees. The utilization of the member fees falls under (3) headings namely Trade, Investment and Tourism.
The tourism cooperation activities of Myanmar with the ASEAN-Japan Centre are as follow:
- Familiarization Trip (2014)
- Exchange Program for Tourism Students (2014)
- Technical Workshop on Community-Based Tourism for Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand, Viet Nam (2015, Tokyo)
- How to develop and promote Community-Based Tourism(2015, Viet Nam)
- The 1st ASEAN Tourism Leaders’ Forum-Counting Down to ASEAN Economic Community and Beyond (2015, Tokyo)