Founded in 1951, the Pacific Asia Travel Association (PATA) is a non- profit association that is internationally acclaimed for acting as a catalyst for the responsible development of travel and tourism to, from and within the Asia Pacific region. The Association provides aligned advocacy, insightful research and innovative events to its member organizations, comprising 95 governments, state and city tourism bodies, 29 international airlines, airports and cruise lines, 63 educational institutions, and hundreds of travel industry companies in Asia Pacific and beyond.
Since 1951 PATA has led from the front as the leading voice and authority on travel and tourism in the Asia Pacific region
- In partnership with private and public sector members, PATA enhances the sustainable growth, value and quality of travel and tourism to-from-and-within, the region.
- The Association provides leadership and counsel on an individual and collective basis to its member organizations, comprising 95 governments, state and city tourism bodies, nearly 29 international airlines, airports and cruise lines, 63 educational institutions, and hundreds of travel industry companies in Asia Pacific and beyond.
- PATA’s Strategic Intelligence Centre (SIC) offers unrivalled data and insights including Asia Pacific inbound and outbound statistics, analyses and forecasts as well as in-depth reports on strategic tourism markets
- PATA’s events create millions of dollars of new business each year for its members
- Thousands of travel professionals belong to 43 active PATA chapters worldwide and participate in a wide range of PATA and industry events.
- The PATA Foundation contributes to the sustainable and responsible development of travel and tourism in Asia Pacific through the protection of the environment, the conservation of heritage and support for education.
PATA Headquarters is in Bangkok, Thailand. There are also PATA Pacific Office in Australia and PATA China Office in Beijing, China.
As the Ministry of Hotels and Tourism has been working to develop the tourism industry as a member of International and Regional Tourism Organizations, Myanmar has entered as a member of PATA since 1995 and is actively participating for the development of regional tourism together with the member countries and associations. The Ministry annually provides as membership fee.
PATA Myanmar Chapter of Pacific- Asia Travel Association was established on 27th November 2011. In this Chapter, Director General of Directorate of Hotels and Tourism takes the responsibilities of a Chairman and officials from Ministry of Hotels and Tourism and representatives from the Myanmar Tourism Federation are the chapter members.
Myanmar has been participating in the PATA Board Meetings, PATA Annual Conferences and other activities. Tour operators from private sector display the tourism booth at PATA Travel Mart annually together with the PATA member countries actively.