Innlay Lake, the high land lake in Shan State, the hilly region of Myanmar is one of the most well-known tourism site for both local and foreign visitors. It is famous for the beautiful serenity and the culture of Innthar ethnic people living in the floating houses upon and around the lake. One of the most famous tradition of Innthar ethnic group is floating Thingyan culture which is held in Thingyan holidays of Myanmar during April month and the number of local and foreign visitors enormously raises in that period.
In this year 2019, with the directorship of ministry of hoteliers and tourism, the Union Government of Myanmar New Year Festival on Innlay Lake in order to take part in development of Tourism industry and to save the culture and traditions of Innthar Ethnic group.
In this event, the programs of
- Floating Thingyan (water) festival which will be held on the lake with many boats and floating booths with Innthar culture.
- Floating live show with the performances of the most famous female vocalists in Myanmar.
- Myanmar and ethnic cultural dance competition.
- Mister and Miss Innlay 2019 beauty pageant.
- New year donation to 1,000 monks on the lake. ( On the lake with boats.)
- New year floating Dhamma donation ceremony by a famous noble monk will be included. One who visit to Innlay lake can experience the very first and the breath-taking scenes of the festival on the lake and it is expected to attract about 500,000 visitors to come during the festival.
Objectives of the event
- To make a support to the development of Innlay-based tourism and eco-tourism.
- To hold the Myanmar New Year event which can be happily joined together both local and foreign visitors and experience the culture and nature.
- To save and maintain the floating Thingyan cultures of Innthar ethnic people.
- To develop the coordination and peace of the local ethnic groups.
Schedule of the Event
The event of “Innlay Floating Thingyan 2019” will be held in Innlay Cultural Heritage Trust Complex (ICHT Complex), Nampan Village, Innlay Region, Nyaung Shwe township from 13th April, 2019 to 17th April 2019. The propsed schedule for the whole event is as follow.
|1||13.4.2019||3pm||Opening ceremony 8 Ladies Show|
|2||14..4.2019||8am to 5pm||Dance Competition 8 Ladies Show|
|3||14.4.2019||7pm||Tinzar Maw Plus 7 Ladies Show|
|4||15.4.2019||8am to 5pm||Dance Competition 8 Ladies Show|
|5||15.4.2019||7pm||8 Ladies Show|
|6||16.4.2019||8am to 5pm||Dance Competition 8 Ladies Show|
|7||16.4.2019||7pm to 9:30pm||Mister & Miss Innlay 2019|
|8||17.4.2019||9:30pm||Closing Ceremony 8 Ladies Show|
|9||17.4.2019||1pm||1000 monks donation|
|10||17.4.2019||7pm||Floating New Year Dhamma donation|