1. Travelers shall have the following documents:
(a) a COVID 19 vaccination certificate showing that they were fully vaccinated, at least 14 days before arrival to Myanmar, with one of the following vaccines which has been approved by the Ministry of Health (MOH)-
– CoronaVac (Sinovac Biotech Ltd.);
– AstraZeneca or Covishield (AstraZeneca & University of Oxford/SK Bioscience (Korea)/Siam BioScience/ Serum Institute of India (SII));
– Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-l9 Vaccine or Comirnaty (Pfizer Inc., & BioNTech);
– Janssen or Johnson & Johnson (Janssen Pharmaceuticals Companies of Johnson & Johnson);
– Moderna (ModernaTX, Inc.,);
– Sinopharm or COVILO or BIBP-CorV (Beijing Institute of Biological Products Co., Ltd);
– Sputnik V (Gam-COVID-Vac) (Gamaleya National Research Centre of Epidemiology and Microbiology);
– Sputnik Light (Gamaleya National Research Centre of Epidemiology and Microbiology)
– Covaxin by Bharat Biotech; and
– Myancopharm by Ministry of Industry, Myanmar.
– Nuvaxovid (NVX-CoV2373) vaccine, Novavax Co., Ltd
(Children under 12 years old are exempted from this requirement if they travel with fully vaccinated parent(s) or guardian(s). The country, name and date(s) of vaccination must be clearly stated in English and/or Myanmar, with the particulars of the travelers according to their passport.)
(b) a negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test result issued at most 72 hours before arrival to Myanmar
(Children under 6 years old are exempted from this requirement The negative COVID-19 RT-PCR test result and the date of the test taken [or] information COVID-19 recovery must be clearly stated in English, with the particulars of the travelers according to their passport)
(c) (For travelers who are foreigners) a COVID-l9 medical insurance purchased from Myanma Insurance.
(Detailed information can be obtained at the Myanma Insurance’s website Myanma Insurance (mminsurance.gov.mm). Diplomats, UN officials and their families can submit the health insurance from their respective country)
2. Travelers shall present a printed copy of each document mentioned in the paragraph 1 to airline staffs upon check-in before boarding the aircraft destined for Myanmar as well as to the respective airport health authorities upon arrival to Myanmar.
3. Travelers shall submit a Health Declaration Form to the respective airport health authorities upon arrival to Myanmar.
(A legal action will be taken against a traveler, if he or she provides any incorrect information in the Health Declaration Form.)
4. Travelers shall be subject to a thermal screening to be conducted by the respective airport health authorities, upon arrival to Myanmar.
5. Travelers shall be tested by RDT on COVID-19 at MOH and airport operators approved COVID-19 Rapid Diagnostics Test (RDT) testing counters at their own costs. Travelers will be charged 15,000 MMK for testing.
6. Travelers may leave the airport after receiving their test results showing negative for COVID-l9 from the respective health authorities.
(The test results will take approximately one hour to be conveyed by the respective health authorities.)
7. Travelers shall report to the respective health authorities, if they have developed signs and symptoms of COVID-19 during their stay in Myanmar.
(Contact details of the respective health authorities can be obtained from the designated hotels.)
8. Travelers shall be immediately isolated and taken to a medical facility or treatment center or hotel designated by the MOH as per health protocols, if they are tested positive for COVID-19 during the RDT test or they are found to be symptomatic of COVID-19.
9. Before departure from Myanmar, travelers may take COVID-l9 tests, as required by the countries they will travel to and transit through, at laboratories designated by the MOH, at their own cost.
10. Travelers who can’t present the documents mentioned in the paragraph 1 (a) and (b) may enter Myanmar only by relief flights, and shall fulfill the Quarantine and Testing Requirements of International Travelers to Myanmar issued and updated by the MOH. Vaccinated travelers will be quarantine for 3 days and unvaccinated travelers will be quarantine for 5 days. They will be tested for COVID-l9 during quarantine period.
(Travelers who are foreigners shall not be allowed to take relief flights to Myanmar from l7 April 2022 onward.)
11. The travelers shall strictly follow the instructions made by the respective health authorities and airport authorities. A legal action will be taken against the traveler concerned, if there is a breach of COVID-19 control regulations.
12. Foreigners are not allowed to transit through Myanmar.
13. State guests or foreign delegates visiting Myanmar by state flights or special flights may seek exemptions from the above requirements by submitting a request letter to the Central Committee for Prevention, Control and Treatment of COVID-19, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the MOH, at least (5) working days prior to the date of arrival.
14. Foreign air crew who need a layover in Myanmar are subjected to self-isolation at hotels designated by the MOH until their next flight, as per respective health protocols.
15. Travelers shall access the website of Ministry of Immigration and Population
(https://evisa.moip.gov.mm) for their visa requirements or exemptions and other visa-related matters.
16. Travelers shall enter Myanmar only through Yangon International Airport.
17. These requirements are subject to changes.
18. These requirements shall take effect from 1 May 2022 0000 hours Myanmar Standard Time, and supersede the Public Health Requirements for Travelers Who Wish to Enter Into Myanmar Through Air Transport (7-4-2022).
Source: Ministry Of Health